Sunday, November 14, 2010

Meals this week (Nov 14-20)


Monday - Penne Pasta with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
I actually did this a bit different. Instead of roasting the garlic, I sauteed it, and instead of roasting the tomatoes, I used a can of tomatoes, and put them (along with the seasonings they would have roasted with) in the pot with the garlic and cream. Toasted pecans instead of pine nuts since I forgot to look for pine nuts at the store. This was very yummy, though it turned out to be a sort of funny color of orange. Adding the tomatoes to the sauce makes more sauce than otherwise, so it could have covered more than 1 pound of pasta.

Tuesday - Chicken and Italian Sauage Gumbo (Crockpot)
yum! :)

Wednesday - Chickpea and Lentil Soup (Crockpot)
this was pretty good but I don't think I'm going to put it in my regular rotation.

Thursday - Roast (Crockpot) and potatoes
moved this to next week...

Friday - Grilled Chicken with Peach Salsa
moved this to next week...

Saturday - Thanksgiving get-together with friends - candied sweet potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment